WHITTLESEY is a market town with an estimated population of circa 13,000. It is located on the A.605 about 7 miles east of Peterborough. The town has many facilities including a wide range of shops, primary and secondary schools, doctors' and dentists' surgeries and a leisure centre. It also has a railway station connecting to Peterborough main line station, Ely and Cambridge.
THIS RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT SITE, as shown within the boundaries edged red on the plan, is located on the north side of Peterborough Road on the western approach to the town.
OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION has been granted by Fenland District Council under Reference F/YR20/0224/O dated the 31st July 2020 for the erection of nine dwellings on the site, subject to conditions. A copy of the planning decision is available for inspection at the Agent's office or can be viewed, along with other relevant plans and documents, on Fenland District Council's planning portal.
SERVICES: It is understood that mains supplies of water, gas and electricity and the public sewer are available for extension into the site, but prospective purchasers should verify this with the supply companies before submitting an offer for the freehold.
TENURE: We are informed by the Vendor that the property is freehold and that vacant possession will be given on completion of sale.
VIEWING: Prospective purchasers wishing to view the plot may do so from the roadside without further authority from the Agents, but should carry a copy of these particulars with them during the course of their inspection and produce them if so requested.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
The sale of the property will be subject, inter alia, to the following conditions:-
2. The property shall be used for the erection of nine dwellings in accordance with the plans and drawings approved by Fenland District Council under Reference F/YR20/0224/O31st July 2020.
3. In the event of the purchaser wishing to vary the number of dwellings and the layout of the site, drawings in duplicate of all buildings to be erected or placed thereon shall be submitted for the approval of the Vendors prior to the commencement of building operations.
4. Within six months of completion of purchase, or prior to the commencement of building operations (whichever is the sooner), the purchaser shall erect to the reasonable satisfaction of the Vendors:-
[a] A close boarded fence on concrete posts (or such other type of fence or boundary enclosure as may be approved in writing by the Vendors and the Planning Authority) not less than 1.8 metres in height along the boundaries marked A-B and B-C on the plan, the boundary A-B to incorporate a pair of double vehicular access gates to a specification to be approved in writing by the Vendors.
[b] A new wall to a height and specification to be approved in writing by the Vendors and the Planning and Highways Authorities along the boundary marked D-E on the plan to allow for the new roadway alignment.
5. The reservation by the Vendors of all existing rights of light, air, soil, water supply and drainage in respect of the adjoining property edged blue on the plan.
6. Within eighteen months of completion of purchase, or prior to the occupation of any dwellings to be built on the site (whichever is the sooner) the purchaser shall construct to the reasonable satisfaction of the Vendors and the Planning and Highways Authorities, a driveway with a dropped kerb to enable access from the new estate road serving the development of the property edged red to the section of the western boundary of the land edged blue and marked A-B on the plan.
7. The right for the Vendors and their successors in title -
[a] to connect the property edged blue on the plan into any drains, electricity, gas, water and other service cables, pipes etc to be laid in on or over the land to be sold, the Vendors to pay a fair proportion of the cost of maintaining any such pipes, drains cables etc as are in joint use;
[b] of unrestricted access for all purposes with or without vehicles and animals over the roadway to be constructed to serve the development and the driveway referred to under (6) above, the Vendors to pay a fair proportion of the cost of maintaining the said roadway and the whole of the cost of maintaining the driveway leading from the roadway to the boundary marked A-B on the plan.
8. No windows other than ground floor windows shall be inserted in the dwelling to be erected on the Plot (currently Plot 9) adjoining the northern boundary of the land edged blue on the plan unless the windows are unopenable and glazed with opaque glass.
9. Nothing shall be done suffered or permitted thereon which is or is likely to become a nuisance, annoyance or source of disturbance to the Vendors or their tenants or licensees of the adjoining land edged blue on the plan.
The water supply to No. 36 Peterborough Road also supplies Nos. 42 and 44 via the southern part of the site and the purchaser will be required to provide separate supplies to all three properties at his own expense prior to the commencement of development.
The existing foul and surface water drains of No. 36 cross the land edged red on the plan and the purchaser will be required to connect these into the foul and surface water drains serving the development of the land edged red at the purchaser's own expense.
The estate road serving the development will not be adopted by the Highway Authority and will be a private road.