Property SummaryFOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER
A PRIME RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT SITE
EXTENDING TO AN AREA OF
3.900 ACRES (1.578 HECTARES)
Located on the south side of and with an extensive frontage to
on the eastern fringe of the sought-after
VILLAGE OF FENSTANTON: CAMBRIDGESHIRE
and with OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION
FOR UP TO 39 DWELLINGS
Offers in the region of £1,800,000 are invited (Subject to contract)
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS:12 NOON ON THURSDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2022 THE VILLAGE OF FENSTANTON, which has a current population of about 3,000, is an ancient settlement located on the Via Devana, now Cambridge Road, a Roman Road linking the military camps at Godmanchester and Cambridge.
Amenities within the village itself include a primary school, Post Office, a variety of convenience and other stores, a Shell petrol station with an adjoining Travelodge motel and several pubs and restaurants.
Former residents of note include John Howland, one of the original Pilgrim Fathers who left for America on the Mayflower in 1620, who is believed to be the ancestor of three recent former Presidents of the United States. Lancelot "Capability" Brown, the renowned 18th century landscape gardener, was Lord of the Manor of Fenstanton and is buried in the village churchyard.
GENERAL LOCATION: Fenstanton is conveniently located approximately 10 miles west of Cambridge city centre on the north side of the A.1307 (the old route of the A.14) some 3 miles east of Junction 24A (Boxworth services) at its intersection with the new route of the A.14, a six-lane highway linking to the M.11 at the Girton interchange.
The historic market town of St. Ives is about 3 miles to the north and has a wide range of commercial and leisure facilities. The town is also on the guided bus route which terminates at Cambridge North railway station which has connecting train services to London (Liverpool Street, St. Pancras and King's Cross). Huntingdon main line railway station, with trains to King's Cross in just over an hour, is about 7 miles west.
THIS PRIME RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT SITE lies between the Cambridge Road on the north and the A.1307, the recently by-passed route of the A.14, on the south. It extends to an area of 3.900 acres (1.578 hectares), or thereabouts, as shown within the boundaries edged red on the attached 1/2,500 scale O.S. plan.
OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION has been granted by Huntingdonshire District Council under Reference 20/02128/OUT dated the 5th September 2022 for a scheme of up to 39 dwellings and 0.2 hectares of allotments.
A copy of the decision notice is available for inspection at the Agent's office or can be viewed, along with other relevant plans and documents, on Huntingdonshire District Council's planning portal.
PROVISION OF ALLOTMENTS
The Vendor has entered into a lease with Fenstanton Parish Council for the use of the adjoining land to the west of the development site as allotment gardens. This is to discharge Condition 5 of the outline planning permission and Section 5 (5.1) of the Section 106 Agreement dated the 14th July 2022.
The property is freehold and forms part of Land Registry Title Number CB335782.
It is understood that all mains services are available for extension into the site, but prospective purchasers should verify this with the supply companies before submitting an offer for the freehold.
John Thorogood, Ward Gethin Archer, Market Place, Ely, CB7 4QN.
Telephone: 01353 646111.
Huntingdonshire District Council, Pathfinder House, St. Mary's Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TN.
Telephone: 01480 388424. E-mail: Dmadmin@huntingdonshire.gov.uk Website: Huntingdonshire.gov.uk
Prospective purchasers wishing to view this site may do so on foot without further authority from the Agents, but should carry a copy of these particulars with them during the course of their inspection and produce them if so requested. For Satnav users, the postcode of the nearby Travelodge is PE28 9HY.
The site areas and the plans included in these particulars are for information and guidance purposes only and their accuracy is not guaranteed.
The Agents for themselves and for the owner of this land hereby give notice that: (1) These particulars do not in any way constitute an offer or a contract; (2) Any intending purchasers/tenants must not rely on the statements made in these particulars as representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness as they are made without acceptance of any responsibility on the part of the Agents or the owner; (3) No representation whatever in relation to this property is made or given by the Agents or the owner, nor has any person in their employment any authority to make or give any such representation or warranty.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
The sale of the vacant possession freehold will be subject, inter alia, to the following conditions:
2. The approval of the purchase price by the Ely Diocesan Board of Finance.
3. The property shall be used for private residential purposes only and not more than 39 dwellings shall be erected or placed thereon.
4. Nothing shall be done, suffered or permitted on the property which is, or may become, a nuisance annoyance or disturbance to the tenants and authorised occupiers or users of the Vendor's adjoining or nearby property to the west and south.
5. No part of the property nor any existing or future building thereon or on any part thereof shall at any time be used as or for a place of amusement, hotel, tavern, inn or public house nor shall any spirituous or fermented liquors at any time be sold in or upon the property or any part thereof.
6. The reservation by the Vendor of all existing rights of light, air, water supply, soil and drainage in respect of its adjoining or nearby property.
7. Within six months of completion of purchase, the purchaser shall provide and connect a mains water supply stand pipe on the adjoining allotments to the west in a location to be agreed with the Vendor and the Parish Council.
8. The purchaser shall erect a stock-proof boundary fence, or such other means of boundary enclosure as may be required by the Local Planning Authority in granting detailed planning consent for the development of the said land, along the length of the western boundary of the land shown between the points marked "A" - "B" on the sale plan.
9. The boundary enclosure referred to under Condition 8 shall be completed within six months of detailed planning consent being granted for the development of the land (or the next planting season following the consent, whichever is the later).
N.B. Prospective purchasers are advised that:-
[a} There is an easement for a gas main on the northern edge of the site which is located in the area between the field boundary and the south carriageway of Cambridge Road.
[b] The southern boundary of the land to be sold is not physically defined as the triangle of land lying to the south of Point "B" on the plan is owned by the Highways Authority.
* * * * * * * *
SUBMISSION OF OFFERS
A. Offers must be submitted on the special form attached to these particulars;
B. Offers must be submitted in a sealed envelope (clearly marked "Offer for Fenstanton Development Site" on the back) to arrive at the Agent's office at 37 Broadway, Peterborough, PE1 1SQ by no later than 12 noon on Thursday the 1st December 2022;
C. Offers must be for a fixed amount (offers of, for example, "£250 in excess of any other offer received" will not be considered);
D. The offer form must be completed in full as partially completed forms may be disregarded;
E. The Vendor does not bind itself to accept the highest, or any, offer submitted and all those who submit offers will be notified of the Vendor's decision by post or E-mail at the earliest possible date.